Wednesday, November 10, 2010

PRELUDE to "Parting is... inevitable."

Circa 1980 (I love how that sounds… circa.)

I don’t remember watching it but I know I did. Superman II had come out while I was still living in the U.S. I remember tying a bright red towel around my neck and running around the house pretending to be the last son of Krypton. One of the neighbors’ kids (we shall call him Chris) was also a fan. He would even wear a pair of red underwear on the outside of his pants. Hard core. If memory serves, one day Chris decided to dress up in full costume and jump from the second floor window of his house. I don’t recall if he had broken his arm or his leg. But he broke something. Idiot. Even at the age of six, I understood the difference between what I saw in the movies and the real world. 

How? 

I WAS TAUGHT!

 You don't have to get into Newtonian law with an infant but "Superman is an alien from another planet which is why he can fly but we can't." makes sense. Kids aren't stupid. Except for Chris... he was kinda dumb. 



"Up, up and away buddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment